Incisive Media, CRN and Computing are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2
- There is no single-use plastics at the event.
- All water is provided in glass bottles that are reusable and all catering (Food and Beverage) is served on china and not given in paper cups / plates.
- Food is cooked to order to reduce the amount of food waste created.
- All Tea/Coffee at the event is fair trade certified.
- No printed programmes at the event. QR codes stationed at registration directing you straight to the programme online.
- All signage at the event has been made with materials that can be recycled or are reusable
- The amount of meat served was reduced at this event by introducing an ‘opt in’ option for meat and serving everyone a vegetarian starter
- The venue are working in partnership with Olio who collect any surplus food from events and redistribute to various outlets.
- The venue recently achieved and received the Green Key International Environmental Awards.
- The venue is committed to making a positive and sustainable impact wherever they do business
- Eco-friendly cleaning products are used throughout the venue.
- The Venue are aiming to reduce environmental footprint by 15% (water) 30% (carbon) 45% (Waste) 50% (renewable energy) across the portfolio by 2025.
- Staff have a designated bike parking area and guests that are staying at the hotel can store their bike in the venue's luggage room. The venue also have Santander bike stands across the street from the hotel.
- The venue recycle cardboard, glass and food the rest of the waste is recycled waste to energy.
- Most areas of hotel have LED lighting